Benefits:At the end of this course participants will understand:
- Updates on UK/EU legislation.
- Design of a residue testing programme.
- How to sample for laboratory analysis.
- How to better manage residues in fresh produce for Retailers.
- How to better understand residue testing results and drive change.
Classroom Module 1 (half day) – The Principals of Pesticide Residue Management
- Introduction to pesticide legislation
- EU/UK legislation
- Pesticide registration and what to do when countries do not have registration schemes
- Derivation of MRLs
- Laboratory procedures
- Comparative multi residue screens
- Certification of labs and methods
- Sampling procedures
- Field sampling
- Pack house sampling
- Farm visits
- What to look for in a pesticide store
- PPE, calibration, certification, pesticide application records
- Management of 3rd party Growers / Suppliers
Classroom Module 2 (half day) – Optimising Pesticide Management, for Fresh Produce
- How to manage Retailer requirements
- Review of the schemes
- Management of PPU, PPPLs and how to check against them
- Organic and residue free?
- Managing multiple ‘restricted lists’ and how to apply for derogations
- Design of residue testing programme and management of exceedance
- How to design a process that flags and manages pesticide residue issues
- Review of PRiF data
- Consumer risk assessment. Understand the principles of risk assessment vs consumption patterns
Trainers are accredited by ARTIS
Participants receive an ARTIS Accredited Certificate