Classroom module 1 (half day) – The principles of Integrated Crop Management and field planning:
- land block rotations, field selection per year, soil structure and soil health;
- how to set up fields, pre-planting work e.g. weed control, populations and spacing, establishment methods and relative costs of operations;
- understanding, recognising and managing common weeds, pests and diseases;
- impacts of water, nutrition and weather issues.
Classroom module 2 (half day) – Optimising growing in practice:
- life cycles, pest traps and in-field weather data to drive responses to pests and diseases;
- use of herbicides, fungicides, insecticides and biological compounds and ‘safe and legal’ systems;
- development of yield and quality data and residue monitoring data.
Trainers are accredited by ARTIS
Participants receive an ARTIS Accredited Certificate