Identification of potato diseases and varieties
Individuals who wish to understand more about potato varieties, diseases and disorders. This course will be of particular interest to new members of the potato trade, agrochemical specialists, consultants, agronomists and processors.
Able to demonstrate practical experience
Dates and locations
£225 + VAT
A one day field-based course
To be awarded
Hannah Parish, Head of Cambridge HQ Trial Delivery, NIAB
Field module 1 (half day) –
- Introduction and botanical features of the potato plant;
- Potato variety identification;
- Fungal and bacterial potato diseases.
Field module 2 (half day) –
- Virus disease identification;
- Field walking and roguing techniques;
- Variety and disease roguing.
Trainers are accredited by ARTIS
Participants receive an ARTIS Accredited Certificate