Dates & locations
No dates are currently scheduled. Register your interest in this course
Classroom module 1 (half day)
- Introduction - why bother about food safety?
- Know your enemy - a beginner's guide to the microbial pathogens that cause problems in fresh produce.
- What to consider/worry about - managing the routes of potential contamination and how to prevent it.
Classroom module 2 (half day)
- Using micro testing to manage food safety - what are indicator species and what do they show?
- The challenge of keeping water safe for use - treatments and testing.
- Template for on farm management of procedures and the recording of this work.
- Case study discussions and presentations.
Trainers are accredited by ARTIS
Participants receive an ARTIS Accredited Certificate