Improving potato yields and profitability by measuring and monitoring performance
Agronomists, potato business employees, supply chain employees, farm managers and farmers.
Able to demonstrate practical experience
Dates and locations
1 March 2023, Cambridge
£130 + VAT
A half day classroom
6 BASIS points and NRoSO tbc
Dr Marc Allison, Senior Researcher, NIAB CUF
Classroom module 1 (half day) –
- The need to measure crop performance;
- The link between crop physiology and what is measured;
- Understanding crop variation and developing strategies to cope with it;
- The importance of recording protocols;
- What tools can be used to record or remotely sense data?
- Recording seed and planting information;
- Recording the growing crop;
- Recording the harvested crop and storage;
- Data collation and storage – how to add value to the data you’ve collected;
- Practical exercise in measuring and interpreting crop data.
PLEASE NOTE: PR16 Understanding Potato Crop Growth Stages runs in the morning (from 9.15am) the same day. Book both courses for a full day of training.
Trainers are accredited by ARTIS
Participants receive an ARTIS Accredited Certificate