Dates & locations
Please click on the location and trainer name links for further details.
|21 Feb 2018 - 09:30am||
Details & map
|Michelle Fountain, Madeleine Cannon, Adrian Harris, NIAB EMR||Register Interest||Book now|
Soft- and stone-fruit growers who want to effectively control Spotted Wing Drosophila to protect fruit yield and quality.
An intermediate course best suited to those who are able to demonstrate some practical experience.
Dates and locations
21st February 2018, Kent
£225 + VAT
One day classroom based, including field walk.
12 BASIS points; 5 NRoSO points
Classroom module 1 (most of day) – Control of SWD:
- Background to the pest
- Identification of male and female SWD
- How to monitor adult and immature stages of SWD on your farm
- Estimating populations and at risk areas on the farm to prioritise control
- Developing an Integrated Pest Management plan for SWD management
Field walk(1 hour) – Control of SWD:
- Identify key SWD habitats in summer and winter
- Trap placement
- Advise on where to sample crop
- One-to-one discussions on own growing situations
Trainers are accredited by ARTIS Participants receive an ARTIS Accredited Certificate