Classroom module 1 (half day) –
- Laws, regulations and supply chain protocols;
- Sources of information, e.g. RB209, Technical Notes and AHDB Potatoes;
- Soil variability, soil sampling and estimating the supply of nutrients from soil;
- How to use manures and other organic amendments efficiently;
- The nutrient requirement of the potato crop and the effect of variety;
- Nutrients and potato crop quality, e.g. bruising, dry matter and skin-set;
- Environmental aspects of nutrient management, e.g. carbon footprinting, leaching and run-off;
- Practical exercises to make fertiliser recommendations.
PLEASE NOTE: PR13 Improving potato yields and profitability by measuring and monitoring performance runs in the afternoon (from 01:30 pm) the same day. Book both courses for a full day of training.
Trainers are accredited by ARTIS
Participants receive an ARTIS Accredited Certificate