Gross Margin Budgeting and Management
Individuals who wish to improve understanding of crop gross margin level farm finances and how they can be used as a management tool, including comparative analysis and bench marking techniques. It is also suitable for students or recent graduates in practical farming agronomy or land management industry.
Suitable for individuals with a practical or training level awareness of farm finances
Dates and locations
to be confirmed
£225 + VAT
A one day classroom-based course
2 BASIS; 1 NRoSO
Chris Winney, Head of TAG Consulting Ltd.
- An overview of crop output, variable (direct) costs and the gross margin calculation
- How to prepare a crop gross margin from raw farm data, including an understanding of opening and closing stocks
- Identifying the sources of farm and external gross margin data sources
- Understanding the management uses for gross margin data
- Practical exercise using a case study, which will include accessing data, questioning data validity, comparative analysis, drawing up conclusions and developing an action plan to improve business performance
- Metabolic pathways to activity, i.e. basic chemistry of how key fungicides work and where to find this information
- Plant structures and why residues are different in roots/fruit compared to leaves (in the same crop).
Trainers are accredited by ARTIS
Participants receive an ARTIS Accredited Certificate