Better control and avoidance of disease in oilseed rape
Individuals who wish to understand how the technical aspects of oilseed rape disease control affect the success of crop production.
Able to demonstrate practical experience
Dates and locations
£120 + VAT
A half-day classroom-based course
8 BASIS points and 6 NRoSO points
Richard Overthrow, West Regional Agronomist, NIAB; Steve Cook, Independent Agronomist, Hampshire Arable Systems and Consultant, NIAB
Classroom module 1 (half day) – Management of OSR disease:
- identification of the principal OSR diseases during plant development with particular emphasis on the impact of disease at the different stages upon yield and seed quality;
- the types of fungicides available, their modes of action and how the timing of fungicide application controls the development of disease;
- designing fungicide programmes;
- EU legislation and its possible effects on fungicide use;
- an overview of future developments in OSR disease control.
Trainers are accredited by ARTIS
Participants receive an ARTIS Accredited Certificate