Dates & locations
No dates are currently scheduled. Register your interest in this course
Classroom module 1 (half day) - Causes and cures of soil compaction:
- the impact of soil compaction on crop production and methods of assessment;
- the implications of soil type, soil conditions and organic matter content on compaction;
- tyres and compaction, including the implications of load, tyre inflation pressure, design, working speed, conditions and number of passes;
- alleviating compaction through Controlled Traffic Farming (CTF) and a practical approach to making a transition to CTF.
Classroom module 2 (half day) - Practical guidance on reducing compaction:
- the tools, skills and technologies available to identify and measure compaction on farm;
- the practical options available to minimise compaction;
- the practicalities of making a transition to controlled traffic farming.
Trainers are accredited by ARTIS
Participants receive an ARTIS Accredited Certificate